Monday, May 01, 2006

Under the Sea

It was a very busy weekend. Fortunately, I was not so busy as I could not finish these.



They are Pomatomus from Knitty. It was funny because as I was knitting these I was stressed the entire time. Actually I was stressed the entire time I was knitting the second sock because I was afraid I was going to run out of yarn, which I did. I hate when that happens, so close yet so far.

Now it is time for the test. Can you tell where I ran out of yarn and went to my plan B? (Plan B is where I ran out of yarn for such a small portion of the sock that rather than going to the LYS where said yarn was purchased I used the reinforcement yarn that came with the yarn and fudged it. I never said it was a brilliant plan, but it worked).

I will give you a hint. Here is a close up of approximately where plan B went into effect.


Can you tell now? And on which sock?

By just glancing at the socks I can't tell, but that is not saying much. I am sure you have a much better eye for detail than I do. Here I switched the socks around. Can you tell now?

Ok, I will tell you. On the toe of the sock on my left foot. So in the picture immediately above, it is the sock on the right (the one without the bubbles coming out of the toe).

I also got to try the Twisted German Cast On for these puppies. As for casting on, I have to say that these are the best I have tried so far for socks. I had no problem getting them on over my heel.

And finally here is a picture of Tommy attacking the toe that has used plan B.

By the way, I used the fish tank as the background after all the name of the socks have to do with fish, just not the friendly ones we have in our tank.

No comments: