Tuesday, May 23, 2006

So Fresh, So Clean

I am almost done with the wash clothes for my son's teachers.

Do you want to know the thing I love about these little squares o' cotton? They are a great opportunity to try out new stitch patterns. Though I admit, out of the seven (almost eight) that I have made, three were done in stitch patterns that I was already familiar with.

Initially I was going to make two of each stitch pattern. One for each teacher, but I quickly grew tired of that. That is why there are two in the basket-weave pattern. The other stitch pattern that I already am familiar with was the broken rib. I don't know if you remember these.




Do you remember the ball of white that I was going to try and dye myself. Well it is the ball of pink that was on top of the first picture up there. It was so not supposed to be pink. When I pulled it out of the dye, it was this very deep deep purple. When I was rinsing it out it bled like there was no tomorrow and this is what I ended up with.


Not bad if this was the color I was trying to make. If you look at the top left of the ball of yarn, you can see a smidge of purple.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Oh sooooooooo pretty! I have been bit by the dishcloth bug myself. I am knitting them to avoid the socks I should be knitting....and I haven't even gotten the first one done yet!