Friday, May 05, 2006

Shhhhhh

Have you ever had a day when everything seemed to be going right and then you go and just mess it up? I had just that kind of day yesterday. Yesterday when hubby was getting ready for work before the crack o' dawn, I woke up. Since I couldn't fall back asleep, I went downstairs, knit, and caught up on my TV. It seemed that I was by myself for an eternity because I literally have no more shows recorded on the TiVo.

About 7:30 the kiddos woke up and so then we went about our day. It was nice & peaceful. I was doing some stuff around the house, they did not fight (all that much). It was a good day. I had to meet someone in the evening to straighten some stuff out. It was about 6 dinner was ready, but I just had to take care of this thing, so I packed the kids off in the car, we went took care of what I had to, then realized that I needed gas (&%^*%$%^&!!!!!). We were out of the house for no more than 25 minutes. As I am pulling up to the house I look to the back of the car and realize that both boys are out. That is right, it was 6:20PM and both my boys were asleep. I tried to wake them because they had not had dinner yet, to no avail (darn). I put the boys in bed and I did not know what to do with myself. Afterall, it was just such an unusual event that both the kids were in bed.

So I opened a bottle of wine and was relaxing. Then like a dumb*##, I called hubby to let him know. No sooner than I put the phone down, B was standing right behind me. Which wasn't so bad, he and I had a nice romantic dinner. Or as he put it, "Can't we just call it a date or something, mom."

So, B and I had a nice date. I drank wine, he drank juice from a wine glass, "Just like when you and daddy go and eat dinner out?"

Then after dinner, K starts screaming bloody murder because he was left in his room all by himself. This went on for a good long while.

The moral of the story is this. When things are going right, don't call anyone to tell them, it will just F#@^ the whole thing up. Like the "felted" bag that I made right here.


It was the first time I was trying to felt and before we had anything other than the craft stores out here. I went in and asked the lady what to use and she took me over to the Lion Brand Wool-Ease. This stuff is made not to felt, I was a new knitter, this was among my first projects. Who knew? And yes, both my boys could fit in the "felted" bag.

No comments: