Friday, May 19, 2006

Second Sock?

I so get it now. The whole SSS (second sock syndrome) thing. I have kind of lost my knack for knitting lately. I now know that it is not me, it is the SSS.


These had been my only project for at least three weeks and this is all I have to show for it.


I so need something else. And so I introduce you to this:


Let me start by telling you who they are for. They are end of the school year gifts for my son's teachers. These two women are amazing and I really wanted to give them something personal without getting too personal. Last year I was thumbing through a magazine and one of the projects was face clothes given with some nice soap. So when I was trying to think of something to do for the teachers, I remembered this. The funny thing is now that I am working on them, I started to notice that a lot of blogs are referring to some dish/face clothes from Mason Dixon Knitting. I now HAVE to get the book.


Each of the skeins is going to be a face cloth for the teachers, with the exception of the white. I think I am going to try to dye it myself to see the effect. But who knows when that will happen. This is a great project to break the monotony of the sock thing.

No comments: