Saturday, December 16, 2006

Nine months and counting

Hubby will be delighted when he finds out about this one.
For me to announce this to him today when he gets home from work will definitely earn me some points. He was just telling me how I can't go shopping without buying something for myself. In my defense, 90% of the time, I will only buy something for myself if it is on sale and I am getting a really good deal. I posted about my shopping philosophy here, okay maybe it is more habit than philosophy.
You can find the Knit From Your Stash 2007 rules here and the thing that is nice is that you can modify the rules to suit you own need.
I am going to make a few modifications to the rules and these are mine. Even though in the rules, Wendy is not going to count sock yarn, I am. The next modification is if I use up any particular type of yarn that is in my stash, I am allowed to purchase more of that yarn, but only for one project at a time. In other words, if I use up all my sock yarn I can buy enough sock yarn to make one pair, if I use up all my yarn that is at a particular gauge, I can purchase more to complete one project. Also, if I decide that I am going to make a gift for someone and I don't have yarn that is adequate for the particular project I have in mind, then I can but yarn just for that project.
We will see how it goes.

1 comment:

Woman who knits said...

Oh how I want to do this!! You guys are so strong!! I'm a wuss for a yarn sale. I'm too weak. I'm sure your DH will be thrilled. I better not tell mine b/c he might sign me up!!!