Saturday, December 09, 2006

Another One

Yes that's right. I have another finished project and have pictures and am posting about it. I started these socks in the car on the way to my cousin's house on Thanksgiving day. A few days ago, I was talking to my grandmother and had asked her how she liked the last pair of socks that I made for her. She started going on about how comfortable they were and how much she liked them.

That is when the light bulb went off and I decided that I would make her another pair for Christmas. She is and has always been the hardest person to get gifts for. Up until that point I thought that, how do I say, not that she did not like the socks, but possibly did not want another pair of handknit socks. Afterall, if someone doesn't appreciate the time that goes into a gift, then I won't make them another (that is the topic of another post though, maybe next time).

Anyway, Grandma loving the last pair made me want to speed through these. If you want more details on the socks, click on the pic in my sidebar or here.


Yes, the socks are two sizes too small for my feet, but how else could you see the full socks. And do you see the pattern and yarn that are under my feet? I am finally going to be working on socks for me. I have had this pattern for so long, but have always put them on the back burner. Though I think I am going to use a different yarn than what is show there.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

They look great! Good for you finding the perfect gift. Can't wait to see the socks for you!