Tuesday, December 12, 2006

All you have to do is ask

There is nothing that starts your day off better than caffine and knitting. Hubby is home for the next few days so he is taking B to school. I don't have to be out of here for another hour so this is what I have been doing.


Actually, I cast-on for the cap in the background after I realized I left my Jaywalkers at my parent's house. A few short hours later, I had my cap done. Now I am working on a child's version, though I will have to make two. One for each of the boys.

When I was working on the kids version, I was also catching up on my blogs. I showed Hubby a cap that Jessica made. He suggested that I make something like that for B. I am seriously thinking that I will. Later he asked if I could make him a cap with cross-bones. I am going to have to because after all of the time that I have been knitting, I have never made anything for Hubby before and he has never asked me to.

It's not as though I don't want to knit for him, it's just that he doesn't wear knits. He is truly a t-shirt and jeans type of guy and I before I started knitting, I had purchased three sweaters for him that he has worn maybe once or twice each in eleven years. I have even offered to make him socks, but he only wants plain white socks (how boring). I think eventually I will make him a pair, but for now, I am just not into the plain white.

So later I will be off to the LYS to find just the right yarn for Hubby's cap and if B is lucky, his cap, too.

BTW, I will try to put up a free pattern for the caps in a few days.

No comments: