Monday, August 21, 2006

Try and Try Again

Have you ever noticed how one bad experience (or two) can ruin something for you?

I always have my toe nails done, but I have almost always done them myself. It is one of those things that I have always just liked doing.

Towards the end of both of my pregnancies I physically was unable to do them. So I went to get them done. Both times, I ended up having problems with my nails. I even went to different shops both times. I haven't had a pedicure since. Though I really want to go and get them done, I just don't want to have any problems afterwards.

Another example, a restaurant that we would go to on occasion. The last time we went the food was so awful that we were honestly shocked. In fact the food was so bad that no one wanted to eat, yet we were all afraid to send our food back. I was talking to a friend about this same restaurant and he said that he has had the same bad experience there but when he talked to the manager, the manager tried to justify the bad food as his (the customers) problem. Wow! I don't think I will be going back there again.

I could go on about how a bad experience has soured something, but I think you get the idea. Imagine if I was like this with my knitting. I mean really. If I went off of the first few (dozen or so) things that I had made, I would have just stopped. I mean I would have just given up and not found something that now is such a big part of me.


While I was in the backyard last week the kids came out and started playing with the Peb's. Please don't mind the garden (or lack of). I am constantly trying with the whole gardening thing. I am good at it for the first few weeks and then I seem to forget about it and things, well, just happen. Plus nothing seems to want to grow in that particular corner except for weeds.

BTW: I am working on getting the toe sock pattern out. I just have a few things to figure out about the whole web and pattern thing. But as soon as I do, you will have a pattern.

1 comment:

Portsmouth Heights Porch Enclosures said...

Nice blog thankks for posting