Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Candy Shop

I am not the most literate when it comes to computers. Though I am pretty good at looking stuff up and figuring it out on my own. You can see a couple of examples of this over there on my sidebar. Creating links, thumbnails, the name of the FO when your cursor moves over the thumbnail, I pretty much figured it out on my own with a lot of luck.

So why has it been so hard for me to figure out how to create a PDF link? I looked it up and for the life of me could not figure it out. In fact I have been trying to figure the whole PDF link thing out since I first finished the Toe Socks pattern with no luck. Fortunately for me I was able to ask my cousin to come over and help.

When we were waiting for him to arrive last night the doorbell rang. The kids ran to the door, looked out the window, and then just started walking back. I looked at them with a puzzled look on my face and asked them who was at the door.

B looks at me and says, "Oh, it was only a mail delivery."

Hubby looks at me with that what did you order now look on his face as I am sprinting to the door and me not being able to open the door or the packages fast enough. I had been expecting these:

I have been eying Butterfly from Rowan 37 for quite sometime now and finally broke down and ordered a copy. I can't wait to get it on my needles.

The yarn is for my first Fair Isle project.

I can't decide which one I am going to work on first. I am thinking Butterfly because if all goes as planned, then I may wear it to a Holiday party. The fair isle is going to be a Christmas gift for my mom. And since the party will happen before Christmas, well, you know.

My cousin finally did make it over last night and if you look in the sidebar there is a link for the Toe Up pattern.

You know will all that happened yesterday, I mean with the yarn, the book, and my cousin coming over and helping me with the whole PDF link thing, I felt like a kid in a candy shop.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I can't wait to see how fair isle goes for you!