Friday, March 24, 2006

Criss-Cross Applesauce

I am officially a member of the Starsky KAL. It is my first KAL and to be honest I am excited. I have the back and about two-thirds of the left front complete. When I was working on it earlier today, look what I noticed:


Do you see it? This should make it a little more clear:


I must have done this a gazillion times so far. I keep crossing the cables the wrong way. Why you may ask. Because I am a moron. Or, it might possibly be because when I am knitting I do things like watch TV, talk on the phone, read blogs, you get the idea. No, it can't be that, it has to be because I am a moron.

When I first noticed that I did this on the back panel, I thought that I could just live with it because I really did not want to frog it back, but I couldn't. Anyway after a couple of rows I had a lightbulb moment. I would just drop the stitch down to the offending row and work it back up. Worked like a charm. Now my criss-crossed cable(s) looks like this:


It's all good now.

No comments: