Friday, March 31, 2006

Block Party

I did it. I really did it. Remember my last post? The one where I was kinda freaked out about blocking. Well, I did it. I think I was shaking the entire time, but I did it and it worked. I used the steam method. Though, I still do not have one of these. I managed to do it with my trusty iron. And it worked. To be quite honest I am feeling really good about it.

Here are some pictures:


This is before I did anything. I guess you could call this the before shot.

Here it is after I pinned it down. See my trusty iron over there?

Here it is after I blocked it.

It really did make a difference. Who woulda thunk? I am in the final leg of the Starsky. I have finished the short row section of the collar and now all I have to do is finish the rest of the collar, make the belt, and do the seams. I am hoping that I will have a finished project by Monday. But you know how it is, when you (or should I say, I) are this close. I might not do anything else until it is done. I can practically feel the sweater on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's stunning!! And the colour is gorgeous

Anonymous said...

I think it looks fantastic! You should speed through from here! Can't wait to see it finished!
btw, I found you from the knitalong ;o)