Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It Was A Good Day

It sure has been a long week and it is only Wednesday. On Monday, I had a doctor's appointment. No biggie, just my yearly physical. I dropped B off at school, then K at my grandmother's. My appointment was at 10 and by 9:20 I was by myself. The thought alone gets me excited. I went to my appointment after having fasted for over 15 hours. You know your not supposed to eat after midnight on days like this. So having dropped the kiddos off a little earlier, I went to my appointment earlier as well and to my shock was seen as soon as I got there. Cool! While I was waiting for the doctor to come into the exam room, I was working on my "travel" project. When she was done with me, I went to the lab to get the blood work done. Now, I am no doctor or lab technician or anything, but when they were done drawing blood, I had asked them, if they were sure they got enough blood. Afterall, there were an awful lot of check marks next to the different tests that were going to be performed and they only took two vials. The nurse/tech/whoever said that it was enough.

Well, four hours later I get a call from the lab. It seems the nurse/tech/dumb*%$@/whoever did not get enough blood and I had to go back to give them more. That is why I asked before the first needle was out of my arm.

But it was a good day. Between picking up B & K, I was able to go to the bookstore. And you know what I got? Do you give up? I got this book. When I went in I had told myself that I was not going to get anything because I would order anything that I was interested in online, but when I saw it I just could not resist. I feel as though I am stalking her and anything she does. I had purchased her first book before I understood what a blog was, and found it hilarious, because afterall, I was reading about me.

Now I know I should post a picture of the book in my lap or something like that, but it has not actually seen the inside of my house yet. You see, it is in the car and I have been reading it while I am driving. I do not recommend this as it could potentially cause an accident or someone shooting you because you are not moving at the green light. I live in Southern California, didn't you hear about this phenomenon last year? Yeah, people shoot at others in cars, it gives a whole new meaning to the word drive-by.

In knitting news, I finally have pictures of the socks that I had started last month.



It was funny because after I started making these, I liked them so much that I decided to keep them for myself. I was working on them at my mom's house when my grandmother asked me what I was knitting. I told her that I was knitting socks, she came closer and tells me, "I want those!"

"Uh, okay grandma, I thought you didn't want any socks"

"Well, I like those, but you need to stop knitting them at the ankle because I like ankle socks and can't find any really good ones"

Who am I to say no to grandma? So these are now for her. The only problem that I have noticed with the socks I make is that they are hard to get on. I am not quite sure what to do. Should I cast on/off at the cuff with needles a few sizes larger or should I add a few sts? If anyone could help me with this one, I would appreciate it.

No comments: