Tuesday, February 21, 2006

That's Wack

Hi, I'm Wack*. I like to play baseball, that is why I am here sitting on the bag o' balls waiting for someone to go and hit with. I am a little shy, but hey, I am duck. The only other talking duck I know (not personally, though) is constantly saying the same thing over and over on the television (you know who I am speaking of), and I am not going to be like that. I will just sit here quietly and wait for someone to come over to me.



No, seriously, this is the duck I finished last night. I actually finished knitting all of the pieces Sunday, but was a little slow with the seaming and stuffing. Part way through making him, I was feeling a bit board, but after I seamed him up and he started to take shape I became a bit proud. In fact, I actually think that he is cute. I am going to give him to my grandfather who is ill at the moment. Hopefully he will make him feel better.

Pattern: Duck from Knitted Toys by Fiona McTague
Yarn: Worsted Weight Acrylic (scraps I had)
Needles: US 4/3.25 mm
Info: The pattern calls for 3 mm needles, I used 3.25. I don't remember what brand of yarn I was using, but I know it wasn't what was called for in the pattern. I really was not impressed with the way the pattern was written, so I had to make a couple of minor adjustments. Overall, I would make this again.

*Wack is the way that Kev (2 1/2) says Quack.

No comments: