Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Flip-Flop Nation and a Contest


This is what I have to choose from in terms of foot attire for the next few weeks.

That's right, I can't wear any shoes that have closed toes. In fact I can only wear socks if they are not too tight. Why you may be wondering. I hurt my baby toe and it is a doozy.

To spare all of the sqeamish people reading this, I will tell you the short version of the freak accident that happend this past weekend.

I was walking and pushing a scooter while wearing the above pictured shoes. I will let you guess the rest.

The good thing about having to wear nothing but flip-flops and living in Southern California, it is common place to see people wearing them three hundred sixty five days a year. I have seen it. I have seen people wearing flip-flops during the coldest and rainiest of times.

I am not one of those people though. I was not made to wear them everyday, my feet get cold. For me it is better to be comfortable than to be fashionable and boy I am a very comfortable person.

Tell you what. My suffering is your contest. This is what you have to do.
  • Email me at michellecanknit AT sbcglobal DOT net with the subject "You suffer, I win"
  • Tell me what you think happened to my toe.

There will be two prizes, the person who gets the first correct answer and the person who comes up with the funnies/most outrageious story. There may be a couple of other prizes as well depending on the number of responses I get. In other words, the more entries, the better the prizes will be. So let others know about the contest.

You have until Friday, October 27, 2006 to submit your answer.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm guessing that you dropped a can of something on it. Or a TV...my cousin did that once.