Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Day (or two) Late

I have been out of my blogging rhythm for the last couple of weeks. I don't know why, but I have. It's not as though I don't want to blog or have not thought of anything to blog about, it's just that things (life) have been keeping me busy.

The funny thing is, I thought that once both of the kids started school, I would have more time to do the things that I wanted to do versus the things that I had to do.

I was sooo wrong about that. I have two and a half hours, two days per week when both of the boys are in school. When the B's teacher sent home a paper asking what days parents were available to volunteer in the class, I naturally wrote Tuesday or Thursday. Little did I know that she would have me every Tuesday.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind volunteering in the class. I actually like it. I just didn't think that I would be in his class every week. I thought that it would be a once or twice a month type of thing.

With me in B's class on Tuesdays, that leaves me Thursdays to do what I want. Initially I thought that I would be spending a little more time (and money) in my LYS, but they don't open until 11 AM. I would have less than ten minutes to sit, knit, and shop before I had to go pick up the boys from school. So at this point in time, that is not going to happen. Maybe next year when K will be in school three days per week and B is in school all day.

For now on my free day, I will start to do things that I want to do. I just have to figure out what exactly that is besides knitting. Afterall, two and a half hours is a lot of time for someone who has not had two and half hours in five years, but not enough time to really lose myself like I know I can (and want to).

On the knitting note, Butterfly is still sitting waiting to be blocked and finished. I have a new project on the needles. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of it, but I am really enjoying it. I can't wait to finish and see how it looks when I'm done.

Finally, here is a pic for Eye Candy Friday on a Sunday.


No comments: