Friday, September 15, 2006

Tailgating Anyone? / Eye Candy Friday

One thing that you may know about me is that I am a sports fan or should I say as a family we are sports fans. Baseball is at the top of my list followed by collegiate football. In fact football should probably be my first choice since my dad has been taking us to all of the home games since I was much much younger.

Around the time hubby and I got married, our team played against Hawaii for their season opener. My dad was born in Hawaii, but had not been back since he moved to Southern California when he was in his early teens. Football was all the motivation he needed to go back.

Unfortunately, hubby and I were not able to go on that trip with them. The school year for me had just started and hubby couldn't get the time off of work either. So while the rest of my family was enjoying Hawaii, hubby and I were here working.

Last year, we played Hawaii again for our season opener. We were able to go this time, all fourteen of us. It was great! This was the first time that I had been to Hawaii and I do look forward to returning. I'm thinking 2010, because that will be the season opener for us that year. Though in all honesty, I don't know if we (hubby, kiddos, & I) will be able to go for football because both of the kids will be in school at that time.

Why all this football talk? Saturday is our home opener. This means two things for me. Tailgating and knitting. Yup, that's right. The two actually go together very well. Since we will be there pretty much all day that means lots and lots of knitting for me.

There is another reason for the football talk, Eye Candy Friday.


This is a picture from the top of Diamond Head in Hawaii. It sure is great to reminisce.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, this is perfect, football and knitting, what more can a girl ask for? Okay, I'd ask for hockey and knitting, but still...;) Football rocks too! Have fun at the season's opening - and thanks for sharing this amazing pic!

Abigail said...

I've been to Diamond head? Did you climb the trail when you where therer?

Thanks for the reminder of when I was there:D