Friday, September 08, 2006

K's First Day and Eye Candy

What a crazy week! K started school on Tuesday. Before he started hubby and I were talking about how we were worried because K is a bit on the shy side and very attached and also the fact that he didn't sound too enthusiastic when we would talk to him about starting school.

On Tuesday morning, K was an emotional wreck. He started crying over things that normally wouldn't bother him. I attributed it to him having first day jitters. In fact this is what he looked like on the way to school.



If you look close enough you can see the tears on his face. It broke my heart.

While we were at school waiting for the classroom to open K kept saying, "You stay wit me at scoow today mommeeee."

I told him that I wasn't going to be able to stay with him, but that I would come back later with brother to pick him up. After hearing that, he got that little I'm about to break down into tears look on his face and then it registered that B and I would be back to pick him up (B starts school an hour earlier than K and was not with us at the time).

When his teacher opened the door K grabbed my hand for dear life and was reluctant to enter his class. I walked him into the classroom and honestly he really was not into the whole school thing, but I knew I had to encourage him.

"K do you want to play with the trains?"

"Wes, mommy."

But he was just standing there next to the trains, looking at them all the while I could tell that he was scared. Heck, I couldn't blame him, afterall this was the first time that he would be in the care of someone outside the family.

Then all of a sudden, he got a little spark in his eye and he was off. I looked to see where he was going to and wouldn't you know, look what he found:

The play-dough table. Needless to say, I was old news after that. At that point he could care less about me being gone. K looked up, gave me a kiss and then said, "Bye mommy, see euww waeighter."

Now for some eye candy.


Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, poor K! I can imagine so well how he must have felt, remembering my first school day quite vividly still - it was pretty much the same! But it seems the sadness was gone really quickly, how great! I do hope he's still having a great time and enjoying this new episode of his life, making new friends and enjoying himself! All the very best to him!

Melissa said...

Poor little guy!! How terrible! He's so darn cute though.

Roy said...

Good readding