Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I can do it

Wow, so much has happened since my last post. Here is the rundown.

Hubby's surgery was a success. Though he did break out in hives afterward. Going in we/he told the doctors that he had an allergy to ibuprophen and would break out in hives as a result (this is one of the reasons why I was so nervous going into the whole surgery thing). After the surgery when I was sitting with him, I noticed that he hive all over his face. Though they didn't give him ibuprophen, he had a reaction to something that they gave him during the procedure. What it was he had a reaction to, we really don't know. Ugh!

The doctor said he will have full range of motion in his shoulder within six weeks. Which means I have been doing everything. And I mean everything.

This is what I got done while waiting for the doctor to show up for the surgery and during the surgery.

I kid you not, I started this while were in the waiting room for the surgery, got the toe done, realized that it was too big, frogged the toe, started again, and got this far. All while waiting for the surgeon to show up. No, I am not a speedy knitter, the doctor was two hours and forty-five minutes late for surgery. That's right two hours and forty-five minutes.

In fact, I forgot my crochet hook to do the provisional cast-on and just did a regular cast-on and picked up the stitches from the cast-on edge when I started to work in the round. I tried to do the figure-8 cast-on, but was having so much difficulty with it that I tried this way and though you can notice the difference where I picked up the stitches, I really like the way it looks.

It reminds me of the socks that have the line across the toe portion.

I'm rambling now. What else has happened since the last post. K is potty trained. Yes, that's right. I no longer have to change diapers. He is completely potty trained. We still put him in pull-ups at night, but he has been dry four of the last six nights. I guess it helped that I bribed him. I told him that if he would go in the toilet for seven days straight without any accidents that I would take him to see his cousin who moved to the bay area eight months ago. That was all the motivation he needed. Now I have to pay up. The cute thing is each and everytime he uses the latrine he asks me, "Me go see cousin now?"

Though I should say no because of this.

I was almost done with the second sock, maybe four or five more pattern repeats until they were the same length. When I came downstairs yesterday afternoon, there was K sitting with four dpn's in his hand with out any sock. I tried and tried to pick the stitches back up, but me and picking up lace, I just don't know how.

I'll still take him to see his cousins anyway. Afterall, I don't have to change diapers anymore.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congrats on the potty training! I'm working on that, but it's still a work in progress.
G likes to play with knitting too. He had a shawl of mine the other day that was on circs and was sticking the circs in and out of the yarn. Lovely.....