Monday, February 05, 2007

Great Weekend

This morning when I opened my eyes, this was the first thing I saw.


It was so beautiful I could not resist taking the pic. I think I set a record this past weekend. This is the first time I turned my computer on in three days. Wow.

I did have a nice weekend as I hope all of you did as well. Hubby was out of town for a "guys" weekend, which left me at home with my boys, sort of. I play soccer on Friday evenings, so my mom watched the kiddos. The game was a late one, so they ended up sleeping over, which was very nice for me.

When I woke up on Saturday, it was nice not having to care for anyone but me. I ended up knitting all morning, finishing my red sweater for the KAL. It still needs to be blocked, but for some reason, I keep putting it off. Eventually it will be blocked though.

My Grandmother, who lives with my parents, called me late Saturday morning and asked if I wanted to go to the movies. How could I say no, after all she does for me. We went to see "Letters from Iwo Jima" I liked the movie. I went in with no expectations, as a result it was much better than I anticipated. The boys didn't even mind that I was gone, though they did call during the movie to ask if I would bring some ice cream home for them.

Sunday, we went to a friends house for the game. In all honesty, I watch the Super Bowl not for the game, but for the commercials, so I was indifferent to who won or lost. Except, I won one of the quarters for the pool that I was in. YAY!

Now I have some yarn money. Oh, wait, no I don't. I'm doing this. Which really really sucks right now. See, I joined this not realizing that the yarn for some of the months colors is non-existent. February's blue, grey, & white being one of them.

I will come up with something though even if it is my favorite pictures with those colors in it.

No comments: