Tuesday, March 27, 2007

From me to you

This past weekend same as the last...busy, busy, busy.

B is on Spring Break for the next two weeks. A couple of days before vacation started he had asked if I could take him to Disneyland while he was on vacation. After looking at the black out dates for our passes, I decided why not and that was where we were yesterday.

I have a couple of friends who have said that they would never take their kids anywhere by themselves. There are few things that I am not willing to do with my kids by myself. Hubby works a lot and if I had to wait for him, then the kids would miss many opportunities.

Now if it were the kids first time at Disneyland I wouldn't do it without Hubby. Not that I am not able or willing to, but I think that certain firsts should be done as a family. That's just me though.

Here is a picture of the boys mopping up the pirate ship at the park.


Why is it they will mop up a ship but I can barely get them to clean up after themselves at home?

I do have some advice for people who do go out with their kids. If you have a digital camera or a camera phone take a picture of your kids in the clothes they are wearing when you get to your destination. This way if your kids get lost, you have the most recent picture of your kids available.

The next piece of advice is to write your cell phone number on your kids in ink. This may sound silly, but if your child were to get lost they may not be able to remember your number. If it is written on them, all they have to do is show someone and hopefully they will call.

The reason I mention this is because while we were at Disneyland yesterday I saw two different children in different areas of the park who were lost. Both of the children who were lost were reunited with their parents, but the look on the children's and the parent's faces.

While we were walking back to the parking structure a family happened to separate K from me and B. Mind you I had K in my sight the entire time. When he first realized that he was not walking with B or myself he started looking around and was a little panicked. The next thing he did was pull up the sleeve on his shirt and was getting ready to show someone the phone number I had written on his arm. That is when he noticed B and I looking at him.

I finished the first sock and I have started on the second. Do you see the cuts on the ankle? Last week we went on a family jog/bike ride (Hubby and I jogged, B rode his bike, & K was in the jogging stroller). After we were done my ankle was a little sore and bothering me. So when I was getting ready to play soccer on Friday, I asked Hubby to tape the ankle because it was a little swollen and I didn't want it to get worse. Somehow the tape rubbed my skin raw. WTHeck?

My ankle is still a little swollen, though not as tender as it was. As a result, I don't think I will be able to finish Runagogo on my feet. The last 15 will have to be on the bike. I am a little disappointed, but I will finish.

Also, I am making the Runners Companion a free pattern. You can click on the link in the sidebar.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Very good tips about traveling with kids! Your poor ankle! I hope it feels better soon. The socks are looking great!

Sachi said...

You give some wonderful advice. But I have to say I giggled when I read "advice for people who do go out with their kids". It made me think that there are people who maybe don't go out into public with their children. ;-) I don't think those people really exist, for which I'm thankful. ;-)