Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Death and Taxes

You know the saying there are two things in life that are certain, death and taxes. Well, I just got done with one and I am not looking forward for the other. This is the first year that we have ever owed Uncle Sam and Uncle Ah-nold. If that weren't bad enough, do you see how many envelopes are being sent out?

That's right three, so not only are we paying this great nation and the great state, the county of Los Angeles is right there with their hands out as well. It really sucks! Although, I really can't complain, it is not as though I did not know that taxes were due. In fact we knew even before we went for out tax appointment in February that we were going to owe this year (hubby goofed when adjusting his tax withholdings this year), but we did not imagine it was going to cost us our children's future education and vacations for the next thousand years. The thing that really sucks though is our property taxes. Why are they always due at the most inopportune times? Like two weeks before Christmas and five days before the other taxes? Wouldn't it be nice if they were due when we had more money, like never?

Anyhoo, did you notice the knitting next to the taxes? It is that sweater that I had mentioned before. The one hubby asked me to make for his friends daughter. Here is a better look at it:


This is the first sweater that I have started from the top down using this book. Initially I was very intimidated to attempt this for a gift that is due in less than two weeks, but if not now then when? After all of the increases, I really became more comfortable and really like the way it is turning out. My design ideas for this has changed about sixty-five million times since I cast on only to go back to what I initially had in mind. A ruffle going all around.

The birthday party for the little girl is going to be in about a week and a half, so there is not really any pressure on me to hurry. I will keep you posted on the progress.

No comments: